Prepare for the 70th Annual Ski Exchange in Boise, Id

Every year in November, the Bogus Basin Ski Education Foundation organizes a ski exchange. This marks the 70th year of sale and purchase of lightly used equipment by skiers and snowboarders.

Starting Thursday, anyone can bring their used equipment and clothing to Expo Idaho. From Friday to Sunday, the items will be available for purchase.

“I remember my dad taking me when I was a kid, and I was always so excited to have new gear for the season,” said skier Kiley Laney. “As an adult I’m always excited to go.”

[Ski resorts around Idaho announce upgrades ahead of winter season]

Vendors determine the price of items and volunteers working at the event will help them tag them. Those who sell equipment will receive 75% of the commission, which will be sent by check no later than December 1. The remaining 25% goes to the Bogus Basin Ski Education Foundation – a non-profit organization for competitive skiing and snowboarding for children.

The BBSEF posted on its Facebook page that the top 10 most wanted clean and lightly used items include children’s gear, downhill skis, ski boots, snowboards and boots, snowshoes, jackets, pants and clean, warm winter clothes. They will not accept or sell sunglasses, baseball caps, t-shirts or dress shoes.

Admission to the event is $ 5 on Friday and Saturday, and on Sunday admission is free with a donation of canned food, which will go to the Boise Rescue Mission. Without canned food, admission is $ 5. Admission is free all weekend for children under 18.

For those who simply wish to sell material, they will not be asked to pay an admission fee.

Items that are not sold must be picked up by 5:00 p.m. on Sunday, November 7.

For more details and ski exchange times, click here.


Source link

Comments are closed.